Faculty tools now have the ability to schedule status changes! Many of our Christian School customers have requested this, and we’re happy to deliver.
Scheduling a status change is a great way to manage date or event-specific content on your website. It allows you to have the status of a tool change on a specific date. On a tool level, the change can either be from active to inactive or inactive to active. You can also schedule status change on for an entire page or for individual items in a Resource/Content List.
Here are some ways that you can use this great feature:
- Build event or holiday content in individual tools on the same page. Then schedule the tools inactive after an event or holiday is over.
- Add two weeks of homework at a time in to two separate tools. Have one turn off on the weekend and the other turn on.
- Add a new tool to a page and set it to inactive (be sure to save!). Build your content in that inactive tool — inactive tools do not show up on live pages. Schedule your content to active at the date of your choice.
To schedule a status change for a tool:
- Click the schedule status change button below the tool.
- Then, select if you would like to change the status to active or inactive, enter the date of the change and if you wish, you can enter an email address to be notified when the status changes.
- Click “Close”.
- Click the “Save” button below the tool.
Remember that all pages in the main website and the faculty website module have active/inactive and scheduling tools. To schedule the status change for a page, go in to the page “Properties” Tab and click the “Schedule Status Change” button at the bottom of the “Page Navigation” page.
Please note that when a page is inactive, it is still accessible for anyone with a direct URL and depending on your settings, these pages may be indexed by search engines. If you want a page to be unreachable, even for someone with a direct URL, make the page “not accessible”. Inactive tools are not accessible for your users.
For more information on the Faculty Database (Module), or Site Manager’s Scheduling tools, contact Support.